I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.3.5 stars
What I liked:
- The chemistry between Joey and Steve (it was interesting from the start with how infatuated Steve was)
- That the relationship built up a bit before Steve and Joey jumped into bed together.
- The setup with their friends to help Joey get out of the situation he got himself into.
- The worrying and depictions feelings of the characters while planning and carrying out the plan to help Joey.
- The excitement and adrenaline shooting through me when I got to the part where Topher was being set up.
- Seeing the friendship between Allen, and Rachael and Steve.
- That the some info was given about Steve and how he handled relationships.
What I didn't like:
- Joey acting like a scared lamb who needed babysitting or watching over.
- The author bringing up the characters (Phil and Steve) unable to be faithful, ruining relationships, etc. It was kind of off putting.
It was a interesting story to read and could easily be finished in one sitting. But it wasn't really very memorable for me after I finished it. Even as I say that I anticipate reading the next book in the series. Spencer and Dylan did caught my attention and I find myself interesting in seeing how their relationship will develop and what hardships they will face.