blub

Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor

A Threefold Cord

A Threefold Cord - Julie Bozza I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

I have to start off by saying ménage à trois are not really the type of books I usually go for. Monogamy stories are more my thing but I could never find it in myself to pass up any type of book. I'm really glad I gave this book a chance. When I started it I was quite wary and had some trepidations about the story would proceed after the few pages. The author did a fantastic job and totally blew me away with the way she wove this story and all the emotions/feelings her characters portrayed in the tale.

Grae, Chris and Ben are all actors working in a miniseries together. At the wrap party, Grae takes the opportunity to approach Chris for a night of fun and is rejected. Ben, supposedly straight, steps in and offers up his time and bed. Forward a little bit and readers see that Ben and Grae have settled into a relationship. When a chance to reconnect with Chris comes up Grae grabs onto it. But when it comes down to it, Grae can't find himself betraying Ben. Then Chris shows up at their doorstep and he propositions them. From there the three try to find their way in their new relationship and what it will mean for them in the long run.

I loved the way the author incorporates and slowly built each character into the relationship Ben, Chris and Grae had. The descriptions of their struggle and feeling made it a comfortable and easy read. The characters were what they were and weren't exactly sorry for it. I like the unease and the insecurities the author managed to input in each of the characters, this made it a bit more realistic. It was awesome that the characters were communicating and readers where shown the effort they all were putting into their relationship. It's not something we usually see in books. The feeling of jealousy and the assurance of their commitment was another element that made this book shine in my eyes. I was intrigued by the acting jobs they procured in the book and thoroughly enjoyed reading about their successes and goals.