blub

From the Inside Out
Talya Andor
SPOILER ALERT!

Brothers Forever

Brothers Forever - Patrick Winsor I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Jayden and Levi are both just starting out in college. They meet on the first day as roommates and become instant friends. Jayden is just turning over a new leaf with a new gym body and attitude. Levi is well known below the waist and gay although Jayden isn't aware. The two decide to go out to a party Levi knows about. Jayden is having a great time drinking drinks he never had and doing pot for the first time. But when Levi makes a move and he reciprocates, he's hit with confusion as to why he had done that. Then he notices that he hadn't exactly seen a girl at the party. Levi thinking Jayden is open to getting it on with him starts feeling him up only to have Jayden stop him. Jayden pushes him away, apologizes and goes looking for a drink. Levi is, of course, hurt and angry at himself for probably losing his best friend.

I didn't know what to think of Jayden and Levi. Their relationship moved quickly. It only took them one day be instant friends and within the same day Levi made a move on Jayden. The next day their getting off together. I did like that Levi who was adamantly a top only conceded to allowing Jayden to top him.

The brothers/family seemed like a good group of guys. I liked that everyone even Jayden wasn't judgemental or a homophobe.

Jayden's first time being unprotected was scary to me. Levi should have really been on point and even should have prepped Jayden more. The addition of the two hall-mates kind of was weird to me especially for Jayden's first time.

The initiation was kind of funny at the start. I would have liked to have known more about the family. When the vows were made I kind of though it sounded very incestuous. The initiation actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The branding was unique and this is only the second book in which I've read about a fraternity initiation. Levi's punishment was painful to read.