blub

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor
Haffling - Caleb James This book was amazing. I kind of want to describe it as a cross between Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, Hunger Games and just a tiny bit of Lords of the Ring (not really the right comparisons for the story but there's something in the story that reminds me of all of these series). The world building was great (some might say otherwise but I liked it) and the characters were intriguing. I had a lot of respect for Alex trying to keep his family together even though he was only 16 years old. He showed a lot of strength and determination and when life kept getting more and more complicated for him, he took it all and managed to beat it back. The story was spellbinding and at the same time vexing since The Fey world (or whatever it was called) had so many rules and was completely crazy.

I loved the moments between Alex and Jerod. They were cute and it was awesome that Jerod didn't freak out about going to Fey and being drawn into Alex issues. The salamander part was disturbing but the end result was awesome.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the next installment and what will happen to Alex, Jerod, and Alice.