blub

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor
Barbarossa's Bitch - Angelia Sparrow, Naomi Brooks A great read. The story is told from Dylan's POV and he narrates via his diary entries (which aren't dated and are random) and events he has endured. There isn't any chronological order to them but if you're like me and you have a tendency of wanting the story told in certain order than your out of luck. The best solution I found was try not to think to hard and just read the story to the end since it all makes sense (although it seems like there are some contradictions here and there). The world development was fantastic and the author did a wonderful job painting a picture of how badly the world became after the Apocalypse and how it all came back. The treatment of Dylan aka Kane by Barbarossa seemed a bit rough but Kane never complained and the way the author voiced his love for Barbarossa kind of eased the cruelty of it all for me. I did have a difficult time in imagining Kane actually going up against Ryder. It just seemed out of character for him since it was stated several times that he wasn't a fighter. Even so I found the story riveting and I didn't want to put it down.