blub

Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor

Crossing Oceans

Crossing Oceans - E.  Davies An ARC was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

Darren is a techie that willing takes a fall for a mishap at work and loses his job. He takes the chance to pursue his freelance business only to find business isn't bustling when the reason he lost his job gets out. Darren knows he has to get away but runs into some issues so makes an arrangement with a close female friend. Alex is Darren's best friend from the U.S. and has been pining after Darren for years. He's had plenty of meaningless hookups in attempts to move on. When Darren calls him about being his best man, Alex can't say no. Both don't want to make their reunion awkward, so Alex lies about having moved on and being in a relationship. But the more time they spend together, the harder it is to ignore their attraction to each other.

It was an okay read. The prologue sucked me in and I found myself curious about what was happening with everyone at the wedding (mainly the bride, the groom, best man and maid of honor, their reaction and the objection that followed) and what happened in the book to get us to that point. Reading about the stag party was fun. It was different from what I know of bachelor parties in the U.S.

I have to admit there were elements of the story I didn't like. While Alex wasn't exactly promiscuous, his behavior towards men (well potential hookups) bugged me. Darren's cool as a cucumber friends with benefits thing was another element of the story that just wasn't working for me. But I toughed it out and found the ending to be quite sweet. I'm not sure I believe the two were in love but it worked for them. It was more of a 2.5 stars for me but it wasn't all bad.