blub

Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor

The Rainbow Connection - Volume I

The Rainbow Connection - Volume I - B.J. Sheppard I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Readers first meet Liam as he's waking, hungover, in bed with two strangers. His dissatisfaction at having these one night stand with strangers and not building an emotional aspect is wearing on him. He's twenty-eight yrs old and may or may not have a drinking problem and is at the point in his life where he's ready to settle down and commit. What he seeks is found in the mail room clerk, Manny. Readers follow along on his adventure of mishap while he's researching for the ezine magazine he writes for and the effect it has on his love life.

I loved reading Liam's articles and what he learned from his little forays of research. His insecurities towards his and Manny's relationship was sweet to see and just spotlighted how serious and how much he cared.

His misadventures into new experiences for his articles sometimes had me cracking up just because of the sticky situations and his reactions.
The last part of the book had my heart in a vice grip. The thought of Manny betraying Liam and Liam's own worry about what seemed to be unfolding was sad and a tad terrifying to see. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the next volume.