blub

Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor

Diversion

Diversion - Eden Winters I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars

Richmond “Lucky” Lucklighter was a criminal who was suppose to serve ten years in jail but two years into serving his time he's made an offer to work off the rest of his sentence with the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau's Department of Diversion Prevention and Control. Now with two months left to his sentence he is given one last assignment and needs to help train his replacement. Almost straight-laced Bo Schollenberger is the new recruit that Lucky has to train. They get off on the wrong foot but while undercover in the assignment they manage to bond and find that they work really well together both in bed and outside of it.

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. I didn't like Bo or Lucky at the start of the book. I found them to be arrogant,jerkish assholes and a tad bit childish instigating fights between each other. As I read on they started growing on me. Their background story was fascinating it was interesting to see how much their life differed from each other but also at the same time were a bit similar. Even with all that, the story didn't exactly capture my attention. I though the showdown at the clinic was anticlimactic and the story didn't inspire as strong emotions as I've experienced with the authors other books. There were moments in the book that I did enjoy though. The ending was sweet but I was kinda hoping Lucky wouldn't go back to work with Walter. For some reason this just bugged the crap out of me (not even sure why...maybe Lucky's dislike and the way he dealt with Walter made me bias...)

The plot concept was alluring. I've never read a book involving drug diversion and seeing Bo and Lucky in actions with their jobs and the risk and consequences associated with it were thrilling.