blub

Suzanne Collins
From the Inside Out
Talya Andor

Loaded (Loaded Book 1)

Loaded (Loaded Book 1) - Casey Ashwood An ARC was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

Detective Denver Hayes and Detective Eugenio Mendes have been partners for a few years and are very close on and off the job. Denver is pretty much in love with Eugenio, Eugenio is straight so Denver doesn't want to risk their relationship. But when it's made apparent to Eugenio that he might have more than friendly affection towards Denver. Eugenio starts to become more conscientious of Denver. Their relationship starts to change. Then Eugenio's cousin, Jaco, gets into a bit of trouble, the two jump to help.

I really enjoyed this new series. Denver and Eugenio were likable characters and it was interesting to see their already established relationship and just learn about them. I don't usually like seeing kids in the stories I read but Pepper seemed like such a good kid. I liked that Denver had a great relationship with his ex.There was a good amount of action in the story. Jaco's situation, while not uncommon story wise was still intriguing to see unfold. The police procedure involving Eugenio and Denver may not have been exactly correct but it is fiction. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the author have in store for the next book in the series.